Sunday, June 17, 2007

I love listening to Martian Gardens and 1000 Plateaus on WMUA on Sundays from what is it, 6pm to 12am?! That's 6 hours of experimental, avant garde, electro acoustic, improv, and "adventures in sound" all on UMass' radio on Sundays! Go UMass!!!

other radio programs worthy of note that I've dabbled with recently is
Harvard's radio orgy. I remember they once played a Corrupted Marathon, an all night radio program dedicated to the Japanese doom metal band, "Corrupted". It was very cool indeed.

I wonder what they are up to now?

there's nothing else that's good on WMUA besides sunday nights powerhouse IMO I'm afraid. tonights episode of martian gardens has been quite humorous, the noah crechevsky compositions was awesome and hilarious and this last one is great too. just cool random snippets of samples that are so absurd and raunchy.

also reminds me of some of the sound collages on ubu.com

and especially Carl Stone sampling "My Girl" tho his work is more minimal sounding


So Thurston Moore is still recording his solo album at J's house which is close to where I live. That's pretty fucking cool. I've met him a couple of times and my mom asked him for a backstage pass once for when they played China, plus I remember shaking his hand once in town. hehehe.


(edit: actually not true about that, tue and thu 9am-12pm is the international jazz conspiracy which rules just as hard)

No comments: