Sunday, June 24, 2007

literacy

since we've been talking about literacy in my online web journalism class, I've decided to post some poems which will be published in the Summer's edition of "Meat For Tea: The Northampton Review," a literary magazine pub out by Hampshire Alums!






SNORE: A collection of poemsssszz

My purple sky

In dreams of wire

And hand gloved majestic

Crystal silk and sheets of gold

I wind up sulking in the yard of death

Skulls come upon me like ancient scissors

Half of me will rise

And half of me will sink

I am glory misinterpreted

My handsome back sweats under the sun

I am coming to an end

You have a choice but no eyes

Like the death that whispers to you during the day

Yes those angry moments

When you’re alive, there is death

When you are dead, is there life?



2.

Feeling gloomy one day I trot down to the cart on the driveway

I look at the ripe tomatoes and pick out the best ones

Leaving a dollar fifty in the plastic seafood tub

I walk back thinking, the chemicals in my brain

Are making me feel like a distorted fruit fly

I need to drink clearox and fill my gas tank with fruit juice

My liquor soul wants to bend over and taste your death muscles

I want to eat your black eyes

My lines are all like worms in bags of gray sand


3.

Pink

Such a fabulous way to be lazy

And then 5 hours of static, insanity, whispering

Pink

It comes around

Half an hour of sanity, understanding, soft petting

More hours of people dropping dead

Going out and stinking like shit

Nobody has to work in the morning

We’re all trying to push our way up a hill

Nothing like the bitter drill

I need to thank the common man

For letting me take her gentle hand

And out into the light we go

A forest snow so putrid and cold

Mechanical animals drift in snow

You deserve it

More than I

The soft stone, the velvet benchmark makes me think, does I need to know this for later homework?

Do I need to give up and read about the careful thoughts and the broken eyeballs and haircuts?

The film is coming to an end

People are coughing and leaving their seats getting into cars and going home

It is raining outside

I am standing on the sidewalk

Waiting for a nightbus

4.

I don’t feel like shivering

there’s no more feeling within this world

I dread the way my body is

And how I must come everynight

I arrive tonight in a dress so pretty

Sit and stare at the ageless mirror

I decline your proposal everynight

And in the mornings I cry

I’m surrounded

It’s all around me

I can’t see

I can’t feel

I can only sense with that sixth sense

That one with all the rats

And the shit

I can see how my dreams will be tonight

I must go now

Into the woods

And never come back

We must leave

Together

We must leave

Together

And feel fine

And dance in the black and white sunlight



5.

Please let me to continue

Living a psychic reality

With physical and non physical trance

And ears like bunnies

Eyes like a wonderbar

Soothing relaxing waves of terror

Forever and soothing

My sex installation

But nothing is like what I like in this house

Plastic fake kitsch

I’m not perfect I’m more nonsensical

Non aesthetic

You



6.

Trapped again

Didn’t bum around cities the big city

Had no claims to space only claim to fame

Only ties to mother spider

My web of distortion blues

Random assholes calling me about nothing

Or just out of boredom

Sucky

There’s no light out that’s right

People are important

Must take walks and receive bitter end

Eyes staring like endorsed films

Slab of meat eat and shit

Umbrella when it rains

I think that I stink when it comes to reality

Must eat desire and fulfill the promise

I like cows that sleep

I like dogs that lie around

I must get this and that

Things must make sense a reality unreal

Like puzzle pieces inside

There’s a blue light a spot a front porch

Am I bleeding? I feel like I have cut myself

I think that animals can perceive things we humans can’t

So I guess I should feed them

Especially twice or three times a day

I’m feeling more optimistic

I hope that things go ok

I know I’m bending reality a bit

But if I could just join in and see

Through this dense fog of greed

And green

Then,

I can become one again with time

7.

myopic synthesis realizing green teeth
tongue in cheek flash dance
survive of the lamest red orange
personell like rivers and golden glory
silver bells and triumph science master slave no doze
winter oval liquor cabinet car snow nothing
never had that
ever to be built inside a nightmare house
traditional contemporary floozie shit for luck
no sounds my mind remembering friends' houses
trying to deliver a good line
and deliberately sink into jealousy running the last few miles
towards the pile of flowers and dirt, earth


8.

I’m lying in green grass

Meadow with blue sky

There’s a negative approach to my method

Birds hover in the air

I am faced with conundrums

Battleship, smoke, and fire

Bullets flying, mortar shells, deadly gas

That make your flesh boil

Humans crumbling into flesh cubes

pounding, neighbors pounding

beds creaking

I’m downstairs

Not in NY

Not a Ned not a dead

I eat and they have survived

And then I eat again

What if I don’t survive?

I must find a way to put on this jacket on even though

The zipper is broken

This frustrating moment

Repeats itself

And repeats itself

And repeats itself

And repeats itself

And repeats itself

And repeats itself

And repeats itself

And repeats itself

And repeats itself

And repeats itself

And repeats itself

until the screen burns a hole

And the picture ends

9.

Stumble I run and rise to the horror

Amplified sea waves and spinning on ice

The sounds are so distant and far but audible

The trees overlap the ground and the houses

I am the one who is always around

Besides the ghost of gnarlyism

Nobody’s here

I think that whenever I shoot ball

I run the court without eyes

And sink it in and go back to my typewriter

I am flesh upon flesh upon flesh

I’m terribly new at this

The winter storm compares none to the hurricane season

Washed up fish and dying daffodils

It stinks of treason and manure

Growing spikes and pollution from the ground

Pounding and rising to meet the sky

The blue sky

Up above with white clouds

A dome of hope

Rainbows and more rainbows and more rainbows

Zigzag the sky above the city of Prague

10.

To me, this is an equation

And it’s left me wondering about your scientific showism

Your boundaries and your hate

Make the world suffocate along with you

When you see beauty you crush it

Your hoaxes are rudimentary and beyond this world

You see people as lungs and legs

You don’t let go but sink your false teeth into rock

Making your mouth bleed onto ancient matter


11.

death muslces running down equator

fixes my eyes on hard steel

never known a grosser idea

but to steal the diamonds from you

in cavernous void, at the edge of town

women stumble in

men stumble out

curiosity makes me feel like a woman

I’m sending her in though

She feels as if she needs a moment

To breathe and collect

I laugh and point towards the entrance

When she goes in

I can see her dress folded up by the blowing wind

I imagine her crawling inside

When she comes out

She is a butterfly

I fake my bad mood

And punch holes into the moon

What moon? She says

The careful object that carves light in the darkness

Where moon? She says

I point up and finally she goes

Oh you mean the sun

12.

water is like that thing you need when you are thirsty

or you need to float over to the next arena

I like water when it is flat and filled and boring

I like the substance of water and seeing it through clear glass

I enjoy feeling it travel down my throat and into my stomach

Where it lands with a cold thump

A rush of joy fills my heart

13.

Just yesterday I saw a most peculiar thing

A ribbon waiting on a piece of wire connected to simple white string

There were rocks at the harbor and dunes

And wild flowers

I noticed it looked like it was going to rain

When I am out on the ocean

I like to think about the mountains and lakes

It keeps me calm and reminds me of other bodies of water

Like the wells in France

And the waterfalls in Jamaica

Yesterday I went outside to feed the birds

I noticed that they were all getting ready for sleep

I could hear them cry in the distance

And afterwards went back inside

Everything sprawelled in my room on the floor

I could hardly make it to the table without stepping on things

It reminded me of the sand castles and the organs at church

The pews and the undefying people

I witnessed unholy partnerships and

Incredible slavery

But now it seems that we must do to others

A lot

We must do a lot for others

And only have so much time for ourselves

I only want the treasures of the world

By a wave of my finger and getting the basket ready

For flying and landing merchandise

Flying on planes

Across land and sea

From doorstep to doorstep

It hovers over me

It hovers over me

I tend to break this bread with you

Now let me finish

One last thing

I cry and sleep

And dream

Like

Time

Sucks in the energy of the masked bacon

Farm where daughters sleep

14.

blocks of wood

and crying

my back aches like sandpaper

mistakes are made through glass lenses

pure is good and so is crystal clear

but not as hard as crystal

the glass is far superior at times

either when sharing a drink with friends or a book

No comments: